Friday, April 29, 2011

what's in my refrigerator?

This is a list of literally everything in my refrigerator right now that I can eat:

DRINKS: We hosted Easter and so now have a lot of extra beverages.

Champagne
Hemp drink
Rice drink
Almond milk
Oj
Coca-Cola
Sprite
Root Beer
Beer
White Wine

DAIRY SUBSTITUTES: All purchased at Whole Foods.

WayFare Cheddar Sauce
So Delicious Coconut Milk Yogurt, Plain
Earth Balance Natural Buttery Spread Soy Free
Daiya Chedder Style Shreds
Galaxy Nutritional Foods Rice Vegan American Flavor Slices

FRUITS & VEGGIES: Ideally we'd buy everything at a farmer's market, but really we buy pre-packaged from Trader Joe's.

Strawberries
Apples
Oranges
Mango, pre-sliced
Corn
Romaine Lettuce
Spinach, bagged
TJ Broccoli Slaw, bagged
TJ Beats – pre-cooked
TJ Fire Roasted Yellow & Red Peppers, jar
Capers, jar
Bread and Butter Pickles

CONDIMENTS / SPREADS / DIPS: I have to be especially careful in this area. Gelatin, meat seasonings, dairy, and soy products sneak into some brands, but not others or even get added after years of dedicated buying.

TJ Masala Lentil Dip
TJ Spicy, Smoky Peach Salsa
Skippy Natural Peanut Butter 
TJ Olive Tapenade Spread
TJ Hummus
TJ Salsa Verde
TJ Ketchup
French’s Yellow Mustard
Tapatio hot sauce
Sriracha hot sauce
TJ Tarter Sauce with Dill & Jalapenos
TJ Champagne Vinaigrette
TJ Real Mayonnaise
Laura Scudder’s Peanut Butter
Maple Syrup
Jam Variety (homemade by friends & family)
Applesauce
TJ Cranberry Sauce

LEFTOVERS

Pinto Beans
Pasta
Northern Beans
Eggs
TJ Flour Tortillas
Flax Seeds
Corn Meal

FREEZER

Dr. Praeger’s Spinach Pancakes
TJ Masala Burgers
Amy’s Mexican Tamale Pie
TJ Rice Medley
TJ Coconut Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert / chocolate & strawberry
Whole Foods 365 Tater Puffs

I will post my cupboard list soon.

4 comments:

  1. Some of these items are actually surprising to me. Perhaps they are a special brand.

    I have a dairy free book that lists all the hidden words that still mean dairy. I think the most surprising thing I read in that book, is just because something says "non-dairy" does not mean it is "dairy free."

    I don't know all of the hidden words for soy. I know most of them, but I try to error on the side of caution when grocery shopping.

    I have a huge sweet tooth and also love cheese. I have lucky found daiya cheese, which isn't great but it works. I eat hemp milk ice cream (Tempt) and am very fond of the brand "Enjoy Life." They make all of their products free of the 8 common allergies. I like their soft baked cookies.

    I am curious about your daughter's sleeping habits. I was told that it is very common for babies who have reflux and allergy issues to have sleeping issues as well. I spent several nights sleeping in a recliner because she wanted to sleep sitting up on my chest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious which items you find surprising. I know the ones that I had to change brands on were the tortillas and the mayonnaise since my regular ones contain soy oil. Did you know though that most people with soy sensitivities can eat soy oil and soy lethicin? I'm going to attempt to reintroduce those soon.

    As far as sleep habits go, Nelle is sleeping "like a baby." Okay, I just couldn't help myself there. Actually before we got the reflux and allergy figured out she wasn't sleeping very well at all. I can't even figure out how to begin to talk about the details in this comment. I suppose I'll have to eventually write a post about it. Let's just say that my husband and I traded nights with her on the bathroom floor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was surprised with the Mayo and the Cheddar sauce. But I haven't seen those two brands. It looks like you are very fond of the TJ brand. I will have to try and find that one.

    I did know about the soy lethicin, but thus far we have just been trying to keep that out of my diet. I sometimes slip up on the diet and have to start over again. :( It is really hard to go out to eat. We enjoy eating out with friends and maintaining friendships that way, since we all have such busy schedules. Plus it is nice not to have to cook once in awhile.

    I must have eatten something at Easter because I found blood in her stool again the Monday after. It makes me so sad.

    Do you have a list of all the hidden words for soy? I know the obvious ones, but sometimes wonder about some of the others I see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just realized that TJ stands for Trader Joe. We don't have one here :(

    ReplyDelete