Thursday, May 5, 2011

Happy Cinco de Mayo

Both my husband and I are teachers. I had planned working up until my due date, but Nelle came 12 days early so that didn't happen.  So, instead of going back at 8 weeks like I had planned, I was on maternity leave for 10 weeks, back for a week, and then went on spring break. Now there are only six weeks until school is out for summer. My husband's summer break starts two weeks earlier than mine so we only had five weeks to worry child care.

Thankfully, between family members we were able to figure it out and Nelle won't have to go into day care until she is nearly seven months old. When Nelle was nine weeks old (she's now 13 weeks), we went to check out the day care that she will be in and it was wonderful. The woman who runs the place is vegan so she understands crazy diets, uses a cloth diaper service for all kids who attend even though Nelle currently wears Huggies, charges separately for the school year and summer so I won't have to pay for the three months a year we won't use, and has a garden in her backyard where the kids can play in the dirt.

GranMom was over watching Nelle the past couple of days while I was at work. Last night the three of us attempted to go grocery shopping, but someone did not want to be in the car. Today I knew I had to stop by the store to pick up rice milk and bread on my way home or I would have nothing (ok, not entirely true) to eat tomorrow. Instead of those two items, though, I got three bags worth of goodies. The cashier accurately guessed the items that I had gone for.

Amongst my other items were corn tortillas, an item I don't often buy. But today is Cinco de Mayo and my mom makes yummy tostadas. Yay for fake cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment