Sunday, May 1, 2011

what's in my pantry?

SNACKS

Nu Go Free Bars
Sweettarts Jelly Beans
Back to Nature Honey Graham Sticks
Nuts – variety
Tortilla Chips
TJ Pita Chips with cinnamon and sugar
TJ Corn Chip Dippers (like Fritos)
Annie’s Fruit Snacks

DRINKS

Sparkling Water
Ah!Laska Organic Cocoa Non-Dairy Chocolate Mix
Beckmann’s Honey Whole Wheat
lots of teas

BAKING/ETC

Enjoy Life Mini Chips
Marshmallow crème
Olive Oil
Canola Oil
Powdered Sugar
Non-Refined Sugar
Brown Sugar 
lots of spices - the only one I cannot use is my favorite - Spike, it contains soy.

BREAKFAST

Bananas
Dates
TJ Very Berry Clusters Cereal
TJ Honey Nut O’s
Cocoa Puffs
Whole Foods Vegan Blueberry Muffin Bread
Oatmeal

LUNCH/DINNER

Road’s End Organics Alfredo
Road’s End Organics Cheddar Style Sauce
Road’s End Organics Shells and Chreese
Seeds of Change Jalfrezi Simmer Sauce
Jyoti Dehli Saag
Pasta
TJ Pizza Sauce (all of the other types had soy oil &/or meat)
Simply Organic Vegetarian Chili seasoning
TJ Hearty Vegetable Broth
TJ Three Grains Blend
TJ Bread Crumbs
Amy’s Lentil Soup
Amy’s Barley Soup

3 comments:

  1. So yesterday I had to take an unwanted trip to Walmart. However, I noticed they are starting to carry some of the items I normally get at Whole Foods. Which is a good thing since the closest Whole Foods for me is the next town over. Anyway, I've never seen the Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips at Whole Foods, but I saw them at Walmart yesterday. I was very excited because my husband likes to make chocolate chip scones for breakfast.

    Do you get the Roads End brand at Whole Foods? I am interested in the Alfredo. I don't think my daughter is allergic to beef or tomato based products but I think it makes her fussier for sure. My husband and I enjoy pizza, so I have been trying to find something for the sauce. I can't do pizza sauce obviously and all of the pestos I have found have dairy. I'm wondering if I can make the Alfredo sauce taste nice on a pizza crust. What I have been doing is mixing spices with olive oil and putting that on the crust and then adding the daiya mozzarella cheese shreads plus the rest of my toppings. The olive oil has made a nice base, but I'm sure something "saucier" would be nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To the above comment, I think Alfredo would make a delicious pizza sauce!

    I didn't know that there is cheese out there that isn't dairy. I'm new to this and kinda dumb in the department of non-dairy. I miss cheese SOOO much. We're meeting with several of our friends tonight and they are all ordering pizza. I'm so bummed that I have to peel off the cheese. Pizza is my favorite food, my guilty pleasure that I indulge way too often. However, I haven't had it in over 2 weeks thanks to the new diet and I'm so disappointed I can't have real pizza tonight. Does the non-dairy cheese actually taste good? And does it melt right? What is it made out of if not dairy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the cheese I put on my pizza. http://www.daiyafoods.com/products/mozza.asp
    I don't think it tastes as good as real cheese, but it does the trick for me. Also, be careful with the pizza crusts, the restaurants may use dairy. I've seen some use butter.

    ReplyDelete