Tuesday, June 28, 2011

camping

Nelle went camping for the first time this weekend. She wasn't worried about getting the right food to eat. I was.

We had:
-For dinner on Friday we ate chili with corn bread. Warning - do not attempt to make corn bread with rice milk! We also had corn chips, daiya cheese, and jalapenos on top.
-For breakfast we ate grilled "cheese" made in campfire pie pans.
-Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches were an easy lunch. We ate pasta salad as a side.
-For dinner on Saturday we had the newly discovered veggie burgers from Whole Foods that I can't remember the name of and I don't have any more at home (I'm thinking Sunflower... or something like that). We had leftover pasta salad and chili as sides.
-Dessert was yummy. I would even suggest it if you're not a vegetarian and can eat real smores. I made a new concoction -- grilled fluffer nutter smores sandwiches in campfire pie pans. We ate them again for breakfast on Sunday before packing up camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment