Thursday, June 16, 2011

oh my gosh I just made stir-fry

Last night on our way home from the mall, we stopped by our local Indian market to pick up some frozen goodies and chutneys to go with the samosas. What a yummy late night snack.

Lately I've been eating so many dairy substitutes that I've been eating fewer vegetables than normal, so I was really having a craving for something crunchy. Trader Joe's has a bag of pre-sliced stir-fry veggies - carrots, snow peas, celery, cabbage. I bought the bag this morning thinking I could sautee it with some kind of herbs, maybe fresh basil.

So this evening when I was making dinner I thought to myself, "Hey that tamarind chutney looks a lot like that stir fry sauce that [my husband] uses to make Asian food.... I bet that chili chutney would add a good spice too." And so my dinner was born.

Okay, so it doesn't taste like soy sauce. But, it doesn't really taste "Indian" either. Tomorrow night my husband is so making me fried rice!

No comments:

Post a Comment