Sunday, June 5, 2011

potatoes

I've always said that if I could eat only 1 food that it would be potatoes. Tomorrow I try.

I'm not convinced that dairy and soy are the [only] foods that Nelle is allergic to. Despite her medicine and my diet change she still has a significant amount of spit up, crying, and bowel issues.

We have a GI appointment on Friday, so I'm interested to see before then what might be causing these issues. Is it even food at all?

I've heard of people doing elimination diets and just eating rice for a day, but I decided that potatoes were a better option for me. I'm also allowing myself: salt, olive oil, and canola oil. Plus water of course.

Here's the plan:

BREAKFAST -- mashed potato pancakes
I made mashed potatoes this evening using Golden Yukon potatoes, cooking water, s&p, and a bit of olive oil.

SNACK -- baked Kettle chips
Actually made with sunflower or safflower oil, so I guess that too.

LUNCH -- a mix of the leftover mashed potatoes and the whole extra boiled ones I made

DINNER -- baked Russet potato, plain

SNACK -- french fries, possibly dipped in olive oil, like bread

No comments:

Post a Comment