Tuesday, June 28, 2011

dinner guests

I invited the women from my book club to meet at my house this month. Then I remembered that meant I had to feed them. We're typically cheese and cracker kind of gals so since that staple was out of the question I had to think of something else.

Tapas.

Yes, I would make a Spanish tortilla. Eggs, potatoes, onion. All safe. To go with the tortilla I made an aioli (fresh garlic with mayo). Sangria is safe too. I mixed less than half a bottle of 2 Buck Chuck with a bit of sugar, some lemonade, and some orange juice. We also snacked on olives, bread, and hummus.

I forgot the bag of salad that I'd bought. I had gotten a dairy/soy free bag of croutons too. And a really yummy bottle of salad dressing - Annie's Organic Green Garlic, if you're looking for something new to try.
If you're looking for something new to read, I recommend The Help.

No comments:

Post a Comment